CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Butterflies

I usually get a little bit nervous when I head out for any shoot...even if it's someone I've photographed before (!), but today was a little different. I had butterflies in my stomach!

I've been reading Danica's blog for a couple of months now. I was looking for blogs to inspire me to start running again. I picked up running a couple of years ago and I've run (ran?) two 5K's, but I normally was just running a couple of miles on the treadmill before I got pregnant with Riley. Running is extremely difficult for me and I don't ever think it will come easy, but I feel soooo awesome after I run.

Danica is a running warrior! She is about to run a marathon in a couple of weeks and when going out for a 20 mile run the other night, she forgot her iPod and STILL kept running! Craziness! I don't think I could have made it past mile 2!

I actually contacted Danica and asked her if she wanted to have a session. I LOVE her writing (she's soooooo funny!) and I wanted to fill up my time between family sessions with a "lifestyle" session. A session just for a person that kinda reflects who they are and what they love. I was soooo excited when she was all for it!

I met Danica today and within 5 seconds of our introduction we just started talking back and forth about the shoot, life, running...it just was so easy. I knew I liked her through her blog and I had a feeling that I would love her just as much "in real life" and I was right!

Thanks for a fun hour or so, Danica! You are such a great sport!! Here is just a sneak peek! Slideshow to come later in the week!

P.S.
If anyone is interested in running in the least bit, you have to start reading Danica's blog. She's funny, inspiring and best of all, she tells it like it is - no matter what the topic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Share |

17 comments:

Wendy G said...

oh my gosh, what a beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful subject, and just as beautiful are you stunning shots of her, Kymberli! I don't even know if I can choose a favorite, though I love the one with the pink flowers. GORGEOUS!

Chic Runner said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm freaking out. I LOVE them all. You seriously work some crazy wonders with that magical camera of yours. Also I just updated my blog so perhaps check that out when you get the chance. :)Love it and thanks again!

ohana photographers said...

gorgeous!! i love love love love the 2nd to last one!!

A Toronto girl out West said...

The Garmin pictures are my favourite!!! You have quite the eye! I'm SERIOUSLY impressed!!!!!!! :o)

littlesack said...

I follow chic runner, so came here from here and these pics are gorgeous!! I wish I lived in socal so I could have a session!

J.J. said...

I also follow her blog...and came over to view the pics....they are awesome! The Garmin ones are also my favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if a running mag contacts either of you :)

The Happy Runner said...

Great photos of a great girl! I saw the link that Danica posted and just had to pop over and see a few more and tell you that your photos are beautiful!

Congrats on starting to run again!

Billy Burger said...

Great photos of our gal. What are you shooting with?

Shannon said...

These pictures are amazing!!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Simply beautiful, I love them all.

Ms. V. said...

Holy Cow! She's gorgeous, and my fav is the 2nd to last one, too.

You need to send them to Runners World.

Michelle said...

She is gorgeous. The garmin photo ROCKS!!!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

FREAKING FANTASTIC! You did such and amazing job catching the BEAUTIFUL spirit of Danica!! LOVE IT!!

LeAnna said...

I follow Danicas blog and wanted to see the sneak peek! GREAT WORK! They are all amazing!

LG said...

the are stunning -- and extremely dimensional -- great work!!!

Steve Stenzel said...

Great pics!! SOOO cute!!

Stephen Grant said...

Kymberli, you are a RUN away hit on this one! :) Great photo essay on this beautiful girl. And makes me want to jog! Rockin' tones and angles!!